Growing old doesn’t have to mean a rapid decline in health and well-being as the years progress. In fact, with all that we know about health care and all that we continue to learn and discover about the healing power of nature, it is now possible to age more gracefully and live a long, happy, and fulfilling life with greater energy, mobility, and mental acuity than ever before.
The articles throughout this website will empower you with information and strategies that will help you to potentially add years to your life and add life to your years, ‘naturally’.
You’ll learn natural remedies and therapeutic practices that have proven successful in providing relief for the following health conditions commonly experienced by seniors:
- Arthritis (a painful condition causing joint stiffness and inflammation.)
- Diabetes (metabolic disease affecting ability to maintain healthy blood glucose levels.)
- Dementia / Alzheimer’s Disease (a disorder that adversely effects brain function and mental processes.)
- Heart Disease (a disease of the cardiovascular system involving blood vessels that have narrowed.)
- High Blood Pressure (hypertension disease causing increased pressure of blood flow within the arteries.)
- Menopause (‘change of life’ period for women when menstruation and ceases affecting hormone balance.)
- Obesity (a condition where body fat percentage has reached unhealthy / dangerous levels.)
- Osteoporosis (a condition where bones have become brittle / fragile and lack tissue density.)
- Shingles (acute, painful inflammation of the skin caused by the chickenpox virus.)
And many more.
Natural therapeutic approaches that we recommend include changes in diet and nutrition (this is most important), herbal supplements, muscle, joint, and bone manipulation therapies such as massage, osteopathy, and chiropractic. We also advocate the practice of yoga, meditation, and Tai Chi, as well as the use of high-quality pure essential oils in your daily life.
Often it can feel uncomfortable when we make a lifestyle change, particularly when we have strong habits in place that have not been serving our health. We may experience withdrawal symptoms such as pain, tiredness, and some irritability as our body and mind adjust and steadily return to a healthier state of functioning. This is to be expected in the short term, however, once new, healthier lifestyle habits have been put into daily practice, the medium to long term benefits can be profound.
Ultimately, our quality of life is a direct reflection of the quality of our health and good health is essential to enjoy a long and fulfilling life and therefore we must be diligent in caring for it.
Read through the pages of this website that interest you or apply to you and if you have any questions at all please feel free to contact us.